ULTRA HIGH STRENGTH POLYUREA ELASTOMER
DRAGONSHIELD™ BC represents a breakthrough in plural-component spray applied polymer technology. This ultra high-strength polymer was developed specifically for blast mitigation and fragment/spall containment. *Tests conducted on DRAGONSHIELD™ BC protected surfaces compared to unprotected surfaces document that DRAGONSHIELD™ BC will significantly reduce damage caused by blast effects.
• 100% solids, no solvents, and no VOCs.
• Fast-set: Handle in five minutes or less.
• Hydrophobic, therefore unaffected by humidity and extreme temperatures during application.
• Extended tack time to allow deep surface penetration
• High dry temperature stability to 200ºF (121ºC) with intermittent temperatures to 300ºF (148ºC).
• Excellent abrasion resistance.
* SPI AE-4 ad-mix may be incorporated into DRAGONSHIELD™ BC to enhance adhesion to certain surfaces in lieu of primer
• Coating for steel or other substrate exposed to corrosion.
• Liner for concrete tanks, ponds, lagoons, reservoirs, dikes, irrigation ditches, tunnels, barges, etc.
• Replace or repair failed existing sheet membrane liners.
• Steel tanks, silos, and pipes.
• Encapsulation material for EPS or other types of flotation materials.
• Encapsulation material for asbestos, lead paint, or other dry hazardous materials (Consult SPI).
• Earthen containment used with or without geotextile.
For more information, please download the full Technical Data Sheet: