Elastomeric polyurethane coatings can be fast-set, and dry to touch within 3-15 seconds or it can be slow-set, and dry to touch in 15-14 seconds. Another unique quality of polyurea sprayed is that you can build to any thickness with one application, effectively decreasing down time/loss in production. Elastomeric polyurea coatings have no VOC’s (volatile organic compounds) and are environmentally friendly.
The fact that these coatings have a lack of solvents means that no there is wasted product through evaporation or flashing off. Additionally, SPI polyurea is able to withstand freeze-thaw cycles, and can be applied in temperatures at -40⁰F to 250⁰F. Polyurea also wears better and lasts longer than conventional coatings, resulting in an increased Return on Investment (ROI).
SPI has been formulating innovative elastomeric polyurethane for 20 years, developing combinations of physicals formerly thought to be unachievable. We have products available with elongations of 600% and tensile strength of up to 4219. The benefit of many combinations has allowed engineers to specify by unusual physicals vs brand names, making SPI unique and sole supplier of the unachievable physicals by others.
SPI’s elastomeric polyurethane coatings dry to the touch very quickly, but do not reach full strength for 30 days. At 12 hours, the polyurea has barely half its strength. At the end of 7 days, it has reached 75% of its strength.These polyurea coatings finish gaining the remaining 25% of strength over the next 14-20 days. Please note that applying heat will help accelerate the curing process. Foot traffic is ok, but remember to avoid heavy traffic on newly sprayed elastomeric polyurea coating for 24 hours.